Thursday, April 8, 2010

247 clutch cable

First, is a conversation that Erwin Roman and I were having. We have both been working on our Cota's (his 348 -my '70 247), and he commented on using a clutch cable from a Moto Guzzi LeMans IV on his 247.
He writes:

"...The clutch cable is longer than necessary and has a threaded adjustor and nut at the clutch end. I cut off the ball at the clutch end, pulled the inner cable part way out of the liner and using a dremel tool cut the liner to the appropriate length. The ball at the handlebar end is just a hair bigger than the Montesa's cable's...so I spead the hole in the lever, and everything fell into place…."

He says clutch pull is effortless with the larger diameter cable. SOUNDS GREAT!! ……... I thought everyone might be interested.

Thanks Erwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment