Thursday, April 8, 2010




Second, is a message and pictures from Gerry Wilson in Toronto.
He writes:

"…this is my '72 123 Cota! As you can see the case has a piece broken off. This is the kickstart shaft stop that is cast into the right side case. I will take it apart, and clean out the Al filings, that resulted from that piece of case "stop" beig ground up!! It started as a top-end freshen up, now I have to split the cases! I have new rings, small end pin and bearing, and base gasket, all ready to go!

I have since glassbeaded the head and barrel, honed the bore and set aside. To fix the case problem, I will tap a hole for a bolt, and the shaft will stop on the head of the bolt! Now I just need a new cover, as the kickstart kept banging the cover, when it returned to the rested position. That's as far as I have gotten (March 1)."

Thanks Gerry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment