Thursday, April 8, 2010

348 foot peg mod



Cut a pair of bent foot pegs (one left and one right) in half lengthways and welded the back half of each on to the backs of the good pegs, and they are very much like the new modern, wider foot pegs. Much more comfortable and easier on your boot soles. And far less tiring on old legs. After welding, spray paint with ACE brand #17074 or #17006 chrome aluminum. They both look like real chrome and hold up very well. 


Here are some shots of one of my 348 foot pegs, that I have modified.  I just welded a L-shaped section of steel on the front side of the existing peg (top left).  I then filed the teeth in the new piece, and touched up the other teeth (top right).  Then  I filed a section for water and mud to run out of (Bottom Left).  I will try to get better photos of this mod. when I finish the pegs.

No comments:

Post a Comment